Whispers

1997…
                3 more minutes until the bell brings, School life has been boring. I never really have any actual friends, most of them Hi and Bye and some of them will stick with you just long enough to finish a group assignment before leaving you. Well, if you are smart then there are people who will want to be with you just for your brains. That is my life at least, I try not to get notice in class, I don’t really need that attention.

                2 more minutes, the teacher has been going on and on about a science project that I scored an A+ last week. Not that I want to complain, it felt good having people respect you in a way but you could see some jealous students giving you that “I am gonna kick your ass after class” look. I don’t really understand them, just because they can’t do better than me in a project they wanna beat me up? This is exactly why I don’t need any attention.

                1 more minute to go. My bags are packed, I am ready to bolt down the hallway and on my bike in less than 5 minutes. I wouldn’t want to get caught by those bullies again. All I want is to get home to my room. Ah yes, my sanctuary, my high performance desktop, my movies, my games, my novels, everything that keeps me away from this unfair world is in my room.

“Submit your report on last week paper and you are good to go. Place them on my desk before you leave this room”

Oh shit, my reports are in my bag. It would take me at least 3 more minute to pull it out and walk all the way to the front. That would give those bullies time to catch up to me. As fast as I could, I pull them out, walked to the front and place them on Ms. Velvet’s desk before I am able to dart out the class door. I ran as fast as I could down the hallway and taking a left turn out the side door. I have parked my bike behind the campus bushes so they wouldn’t notice. There is the door, I put two hands up to push it open but for some reason I couldn’t reach it. There is a force pulling me back, and suddenly a felt something grab on my throat yanking me towards the wall on the left.

                There he was, his hands on my throat and that half smile appear on his lips. “Where do you think you are going boy?”  2 more of his followers hover behind him laughing. “Did you think you could run away from us you pigface?” With that said, his other hand curl unto a fist and then I felt a strong blow to my stomach forcing me to fall on the floor.
“Please let me go Henry, I didn’t do anything to you. Why would you want to hurt me?”
“Ok pigface, I’ll let you go. But I think my friends would like to have some fun first.”
The 2 other boys hovering over me and with their wide grin on their face, they stared kicking. I curled up like a ball to defend myself but I could still feel the pain in each side of my stomach, I tried hard to cover my face, protecting it. They would eventually stop after they got bored of kicking me.
The 5 minutes of kicking and punching felt like an eternity. By the time they were done I was already covered with blood and bruises.
“Thank you for the fun, it is always nice to release some steam once awhile. See you around pigface.” They laugh while disappearing down the hallway.
I laid there for a while, just couldn’t find the strength to pull myself up. Staring at the ceiling, I wondered what would happen if they were in my position? Then I heard a voice whisper in my head “The world we live in is unfair, it never is and never will be.”



2006…
                Standing in front of my mirror, staring at the swollen cheek from the punch that Rob gave me 2 days ago. It still hurts a little when I touch it. A week ago the lecturer gave us a group project and I was assigned to do a project with Jessica that so happens to be Rob’s girlfriend. Of course I take no interest in her, I never really like group project. Jessica was a kind person, so maybe that is what she wants me to think because she is knows I am smart. She would come and cling on to me showing interest in stuffs and complimenting me whenever I explain to her about how we should do the project. The project lasted a week, and for that week I know that Rob was way more than jealous. I know, I have seen the looks in his face, whenever she smiles at me, whenever she ask for help, whenever she laugh out loud when I made a silly joke about how we would fail the project if we didn’t get this thing right.

                Honestly it was not a joke. I was way more concern about the project than Rob being jealous. This major project contains 40% passing marks of my finals semester. Then after this college years I would move to another city and start my new life somewhere else, like how I always have for the pass years.

2 days ago. After we finally hand in our group projects. Four of Rob’s friend drags me into a side alley where he is waiting with Jessica. I knew this would not end well but I stood in front of that animal trying to reason with him.

“How can I help you Rob?” right after I said that, I felt a strong force against my left cheek knocking it so hard that one of my tooth broke.
“Stay away from my girlfriend… Freak!”
I tried to stand up but then I felt another strong force up against my stomach, this time knocking my balance. The next thing I know, I was curl up in a defensive position on the floor while four big tall shadows towering over me and the kicking starts.

                I was still lying on the ground when they left. My laptop and phone are all smashed up right beside me. I am used to this by now, I am like a moving target. No matter where I go, I will still face this kind of situation. People just want to beat me up for no reason, and I could see their smile while they were kicking me. They enjoyed it. I never understand why but somehow they like it. Turning my head to the right, I saw my broken tooth by the side of the drain. I don’t know what to do or think. I just lay there staring at it, thoughtless. I looked up the skies and then I can hear it again “Life is unfair, Life is cruel.”



2010…
                3 more minutes until 7am. I can still make it in time. I was finishing a project my boss gave me last night that I fell asleep on my table, I did not set my alarm and that is why I am running towards my office right now. I need to clock in, the machine is right by that corner. My boss is not a very kind and understanding person, no one is allowed to be late at all. If you have emergencies you must have proof of it. The reason I am still working here is because they pay is good, this is the only company who is willing to hire me for the highest pay that I requested and so they expect more of me. I don’t mind the work, I was one of the best in my field. I was never late before, and never will be. There it is, checking my watch. 1 more minute to go.
“I can make it. Wait, no… I am falling. Why am I falling!?”

                I lay there face flat on the floor. Pushing myself up I saw Bruce laughing with other 2 college. I should have anticipated that. Being one of the best is sure to create jealousy among the office, and me being a bully magnet is an easy target. I stood up and walk towards the machine. 7:02am
“Great!!! Now I am officially late. Thank you Bruce.”
They were still laughing when I was walking back to my desk. I sat there waiting for my computer to turn on. That is when I notice a pile of new files beside my monitor.
“I’m sorry about this but Mr. Hadrick wants it done by the end of today”
Her voice was the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life, I looked up and there she was. One of the reasons I am still working here. Her smile is like a smile of an angel and her appearance alone is can drown out everyone around me.

“Thank you Halen, I will pass them back to you before 4pm.”
She smile and walks away. I have known Halen for almost 3 years. The day I started working here was the day I fell in love with her. 3 years I have kept my eye on her and my mouth shut. I never make a move. Why? Because a nerd like me will never get a girl as beautiful as an angel. Unfortunately, about a year ago she started dating Bruce. The tall, buff and handsome guy with a smile that can almost charm any girl in his sight. Compare to me, I am nothing. I am just an ordinary, skinny nerd with a brain. Well, at least I have a brain.

“HEY, Snap out of it!” “Nobody stares at my girlfriend like that besides me you understand?”
Bruce was standing in front of me with both his huge arms on my table bending down staring right into my eyes. It took me almost 30 seconds to realize what he meant. There, I did it again. Provoking another jealous animal.
“Hello Bruce, I’m sorry of that makes you uncomfortable.” and then I gave him a smile, in a sarcastic way.

                Over the years I have heard the voice whispering to me, telling me that I don’t have to treat this kind of people with respect, since they are not human anyway. I let them do whatever they do to me just because I was too tired to deal with him. I figure it will end one day and they would realize what they did is wrong. But sadly, no matter when or where they will always be animals among us humans. These brainless scumbags that don’t deserved to be called a human being since they acted like animals. Hell, even animals have feelings. These scumbags are worst!
“You better watch your back!” He then picks up my pencil and break it with one hand and then he walks away.

                It has been a long day at work, I got yell at for being late by my boss, I got some deadly stares from Bruce and my computer while I am finishing my report. Lucky me it auto saved most of my work before it decided to give up on me. I was walking down an alley right opposite the work building. I can’t wait to get home to my games and books. That is the only thing in the whole wide world that can help me forget about the things that has happened to me. They are like my sanctuary.

                My car was parked at the end of the alley at a designated parking spot. I rented that parking spot from an elderly lady who lives at the apartment upstairs. She said she never had a car and I offered to rent it so she would earn some extra cash each month. I was standing in front of my car, staring at what is left of it. As if my day couldn’t get any better. My car windows were smashed; the speakers and build in player were gone. What used to be the tires were now left with 3 pieces of bricks underneath it. I check the time, 5.45pm. I looked around the alley, no one was around. I scanned the other cars parked beside me, none of them were touched. I checked under the car hood, the alarm wire was cut off. I took a deep breath and looked up the sky. It was getting dark, and the whispers were getting louder. “The world is unfair. It never is...”



2015…
                I am standing here in front of a red pool of blood. My right hand gripping on the kitchen knife so hard that it felt numb. Fresh warm blood flows from my elbow down to the tip of the knife and dripping on the floor merging with the pool of blood that came from a dead body right in front of me. The body has been stab 15 times and with puncture hole in the front and back of it there was no way he would have survive that. Yes… Finally… I let the whispers take over…

                I turn and look around the corner, there she was. All curled up on the flood shivering, naked, staring right back at me. Her eyes soaking wet and swollen with all that crying. I smile at her.
And I whispers “The world is never fair… Don’t worry darling, I’m not mad at your for cheating on me. In fact, you’ve made me realize who I really am. And this” pointing back at the dead body “This made me feel free…”

A smile came across my face as I walked towards her. 

Her dry screams echoed through the room…

I have never felt happier in my entire life and this… 

This is only the beginning of whats to come…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friend

Run